Yarrow Pom was one of the newly released oils that came out at Convention in September of 2018. It has quickly become a favorite and next to Rose Touch is my favorite oil... I have always struggled with my skin and since having kids have struggled with my hormones and metabolism. Since I have been taking it internally and using it topically I have noticed some incredible differences. But lets chat first at what this oil duo is profiled for.
I have also been using Yarrow/Pom in my moisturizer or by itself only skin am and pm and my skin is radiating. The texture is smooth, the redness around my nose and the hyper-pigmentation on my forehead and around my eyes has gone away. My husband has been using too and his wrinkles have drastically minimized and I tell him he has, "Peaches and Cream skin" at the age fo 44 yrs." :)
That is not all I have noticed that this oil calms me and I feel more grounded and not so moody. I especially get moody a few days before I cycle and since I have been taking this cocktail internally I am not nearly as moody and cycles are not even close to as intense as they have been.
SO HOW IS THIS OIL COMBO SO EFFECTIVE?
According to the DoTerra Science blog this is what is highlighted,
"Yarrow|Pom is an expertly crafted proprietary blend of Yarrow essential oil and cold-pressed Pomegranate seed oil designed to be your go-to for a true inside-out approach to aging, vitality, overall wellness, and, quite frankly, how to get that glow. This synergistic and first-of-its-kind blend naturallyup-regulates the body’s protective transcription factors while activating skin-protecting proteins (inhibiting the enzymes that breakdown elasticity and collagen) with the added benefit of promoting collagen production.* Additionally, this active botanical powerhouse can be applied topically to revitalize aging skin and taken internally to support a healthy inflammatory response at the source and promotes healthy metabolic function."
There are 3 main chemical constituents that make this oil amazing and powerful.
β-caryophyllene is a powerful chemical constituent that can act on the CB2 receptors in the brain and therefore it can activate the benefits of our endocannaboid system. Let me explain so its easier to understand.
The Endocanbenoid System (EBS) is the primary homeostatic regulatory system of the body. Its in charge of regulating all the major body systems such as:
Punicic Acid is relatively new and is still being aggressively studied. Pomegranate Seed Oil is an oil extract from Pomegranate Seed and it’s benefits include:
Chamazulene baby!!! This is what makes Yarrow/Pom BLUE!!!! I love saying the word. So here is some info on this bad boy... Chamazulene is actually a bi-product of the distillation process, it does not exist prior to distillation. Some of the benefits of this are:
This oil needs to be in your routine. You will fall in love with it. So here is a video I recorded on this beautiful oil that I share how I use and incorporate into lifestyle
If you have been using this metabolism cocktail of oils and or using Yarrow topically, let me know what your feeling and seeing. I love to hear how you all are using oils. I also would love to connect you to my community. Here is a link to my intro class. If you are ready to take the plunge and join my tribe here is the link.
Note: I am not a physician and do not claim to diagnose or treat. I love to share my own experience, strength and hope around my oil usage and research and link what I am reading up so that you have the information at your fingertips. My heart is for you to feel empowered to be your own advocate to rock a natural lifestyle. I have linked affiliate links where I get some reimbursement from the company and that pays for the upkeep of my website and blog and allows me to serve you with my free content.
So much love and light,
Frankincense is free this month and you do not want to miss out on all the ways that this oil can benefit you. You can make any 200 PV purchase and receive it free or enroll with a Home Essentials Kit or Natural Solutions kit and get it free. Here are the top 10 ways you can incorporate into your daily lifestyle to support you and your family.
1. Take one drop and put it under your tongue daily for healthy cell proliferation and immune boosting.
2. Put a drop on the pad of your thumb and press up on the roof of your mouth for 30 seconds and hold... when experiencing head tension and discomfort.
3. Put a drop over your heart with a drop of Copaiba when your experiencing anxious feelings.
4. Put 2 drops in your diffuser with 2 drops of Wild Orange for uplifting your mood.
5. Add 2 drops to your diffuser with 2 drops of Lavender & Cedarwood for a deep and peaceful sleep.
6. Add 2 drops in a veggie cap with 2 drops each of Melaleuca, Oregano, Lemon, Onguard, when feeling "Under the Weather"... and take internally.... with lots of water to flush those "bad guys" away.
7. Add 2 drops to your diffuser with 2 drops of Sandalwood & Green Mandarin when doing your mediation, prayer and or yoga...
8. Add one drop with one drop of Breathe, Lime, & Myrrh with some fractionated coconut oil and massage over chest and or back of lungs to support open airways and clear breathing.
9. Apply 1 drop with 1 drop of Lavender and 1 drop of Melaleuca and a nickel size of coconut oil and massage over any are of your skin that may have irritation and or redness to promote your body's healing process.
10. Apply 1 drop of Frankincense, & 1 drop of peppermint and massage over the base of your cranium and temples for deep focus when needing to get things done.
11. Run a hot bath and add 2 drops of Frankincense, 2 drop of Lavender and add 1 cup of Raw Epsom salts, and 1/2 cup of organic baking soda and then a little bath oil and soak for a good 30 min. to detox your body and you will sleep like a baby.
12. Apply a drop of Frankincense & a drop of Deep Blue and some fractionated coconut oil and massage over sore and tender muscles and tissue.
13. Add a Drop of frankincense, 1 drop Arborviate, and 1 drop lemon to diffuser to support healthy lungs and open airways.
14. Add 2 drops to a veggie cap daily with 2 drops each of Yarrow/Pom, Turmeric, Pink Pepper, and Black Pepper to detox your cells, and boost your metabolism and support healthy hormones and your filtering organs.
15. Add a drop to your palm with a drop of Lemon and Breathe in and inhale to boost mood, focus, and refresh your mind.
Before I had babies, I worked full time as an RN and did 3 x 12 hour shifts and picked up extra work here and there and then on my days off I slept in as long as I needed to, and did whatever I wanted based on how I felt.. There is something beautiful about giving yourself the time that you need to enjoy whatever you need in the moment.
However, now that I have had kids, I do not have that kind of time. In fact, time has become my most precious commodity and I have had to learn how to be very intentional with my time and be productive with the time I give my business and blogging.
I have found that creating an automated morning routine sets up my entire day for success, no matter what plans I have to alter. So here goes, the 6 things that I do first thing in the morning set the tone for an awesome day of mom life.
Upon awakening I put a drop of Peppermint in my palm and rub my hands together and inhale.. Its the most amazing way to awaken your senses. I keep my oils in places that I will use them, so I have Peppermint, Lavender, Wild Orange, Cedarwood, and Vetiver all at my bedside table. I usually lay there for a few minutes and think about my day and set my intentions for the day. I think I forgot to mention that my kids get up at 5:45-6:30 am so i have learned that I have to get up before them to get my own quiet time. So usually my alarm goes off at 5:15 am. I get up and start my oral care, brush my teeth, wash my face and with cold water and apply moisturizer. I then go downstairs and drink at least one tall glass of water with a couple drops of lemon essential oil and take a Terrazyme, aka (digestive enzyme).
Connecting with my Higher Power is imperative and the most important action I take to set up my whole day for success. It looks different for everyone, but my Higher Power is Jesus, and God the Father. So I have my devotionals that I read out of daily, and I get cozy in my Big Chair with my glass of water and I begin by praying a prayer of gratitude and inviting God into lead me and to direct my day and put people, places and things in my path. I ask Him to guide me and ask for Peace, Love and Faith to lead my day. I often read a Psalms out of the Bible, and pray for people, and or situations that are on my heart. This really sets the tone for everything. I also love to do a Head Space guided mediation for 10 minutes after this. This whole process can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes.
Sipping a hot drink is something that has become a ritual that I crave. I am currently caffeine free due to adrenal rehabilitation. I start the tea kettle and will either have Decaf Organic Coffee, because I love the taste and then I make it bullet proof, or I will drink Organic Peppermint Tea. I love to create a cozy atmosphere for my family, so I usually put on some therapeutic music and get my essential oil diffusers going. I love to diffuse Wild Orange and White Fir, or Wild Orange and Peppermint. These oils are super uplifting to mood.
Dry skin brushing is something that I took up about a year and a half ago and I love it. Dry skin brushing has many benefits, and one of the most important ones is that it stimulates your lymphatic system, which helps the body to detoxify naturally. It also feels great, softens and exfoliates my skin, clears my pores, and just gives me an energetic boost. Now let me be honest, if my kids are up... I have to get them fed first and situated and then i can head up to dry brush and hop in the shower.. this does not always happen seamlessly, however if I get my prayer and mediation in with water and lemon, and get my warm drink started I am having an excellent start to my day.
Laying out my clothes the night before has been awesome, because then i don't waste time on figuring out what to wear, I usually wear black yoga pants and a comfy lululemon tank top with a button up shirt or cotton long sleeve shirt. Then I put my hair up in a messy bun or clip.. Apply my favorite face oil, and then my makeup routine takes a whopping 3 minutes... usually powder, bronzer, mascara and lip gloss or tinted chapstick. My favorite thing to apply is my essential oils, such as Rose Touch, Jasmine, or Neroli, I put the oil in the tips of my hair and back of my neck and feel and smell amazing.
Smoothies have become my am breakfast and I look forward to every morning. I love to blend up my homemade almond milk as a base,
add a cup of organic spinach,
2 scoops of organic chocolate protein powder
1 scoop of collagen peptides
1/2 a frozen banana
1/2 cup of ice.
This usually keeps me full and satiated until 10 am and paired with my supplements, I am having a great day!
I love to move first thing in the am, but have learned that I want to connect with my kids and usually don't get my work out in until later in the am or in the afternoon. But my kids and I love to stretch and do some yoga poses together and do mini workouts.. Stretching and moving is invigorating and gets my body going. I enjoy a guided Yoga routine and or just stretching with my kids and chatting with them about our day. If its light out in AK we get outside for a walk for thing in the am and that is my most precious time with them. Its such a beautiful way to connect and meet them where they are at.
First I would like to thank the talented Miss Holly Luiken, who took these lovely pictures with my littles and I. She is ridiculously talented and you can follow her IG @hollyluik.
There are so many oils that I use all the time but I am often asked, "What's your favorite? What oils do you use the most? What are your mama go-to oils".... there are a lot of oils I use on a regular basis... But if I had to narrow it to just 5 of my most used... These would be it.. They are supportive to both me and my littles. So here goes.
Balalnce: This is my most used mood blend that supports me and my babies both physiologically and emotionally. The warm and woody aroma of the Grounding Balance blend creates a sense of calm and well- being. This is a blend of Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile with Fractionated Coconut Oil make this warm woody fragrance a favorite. The Spruce wood has emotional profiles that promotes tranquility and relaxation. Ho Wood, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile can ease anxious feelings, while Frankincense provides a grounding, balancing effect on emotions.
Frankincense: This is one of my favorites!!! Known as the "King of the Oils", its one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits. Used for centuries for its healing benefits, the Wiseman brought baby Jesus Frankincense and Myrrh. The ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It's amazing calming properties to the central nervous system, healing benefits to the skin, and support of cellular health to promote your overall wellness are just some of a few reasons as to why its such an amazing oil. I love to put a drop under my tongue in the am for immune boosting, and add a drop to my moisturizer.
Lavender: This is known as the "swiss army knife" of oils for most mamas.
Lavender has been used and cherished for centuries for its unmistakable aroma and myriad benefits. In ancient times, the Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities, when taken internally, continue to be Lavender’s most notable attributes. Applied topically, Lavender is frequently used to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections. Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck. Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet to relax and prepare for a restful night’s sleep. Due to Lavender’s versatile properties, it is considered the must-have oil to have on hand at all times.
Onguard: This guy is probably one of the most popular blends of all. I often hear people mention this oil if they have limited knowledge of oils. doTERRA On Guard protects against environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils known for their positive effects on the immune system when ingested. This powerhouse blend of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Cinnamon Leaf make it super effective and supportive. doTERRA On Guard can be taken internally on a daily basis to maintain healthy immune function and support healthy cardiovascular function. It can also be used on surfaces throughout the home as a non-toxic cleaner. When diffused, doTERRA On Guard helps purify the air, and can be very energizing and uplifting.
Note: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
Peppermint: this is the oil that grabbed my attention and I fell in love with for so many reasons and I enjoy using all the time. . Its so supportive to mood, alleviates tension headaches... aides in stomach digestion, and is perfect before a hard workout. It is frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene. Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally. I use Peppermint every single day multiple times for a variety of things..
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Note: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Happy Holidays to YOU ALL!!!
This is my favorite time of year. I am not a huge fan of Halloween but boy do I love
Thanksgiving and Christmas is my FAVORITE!!! I love giving beautiful personalized
gifts and putting together special little packages for all of the special people in my life.
It’s absolute JOY to me.
I have put together some gift ideas for those that you love most in your life. Some of
these people may already be lovers of essential oils, or they may not know these powerful
little gifts yet. Either way here are some incredible gift options for you to put together for
your loved ones. This is also a great way to fulfill your 125 PV LRP order and get 30%
back in free product. Everybody is blessed by these beautiful little bottles and toxic free
Gift for Mama!
The woman who gave you life, the person you run to when times are hard, the friend to
process life with and the woman you appreciate more and more as you get older.
•The Yoga Trio kit is an amazing trio of the Align, Arise, and Anchor blends that
Are perfectly formulated to do just that. Apply throughout the day to pulse points,
drop a couple drops in your diffuser or use throughout your yoga practice, this
stunning kit makes an amazing gift for the special mama in your life.
•Rose Touch Roller: Nothing but the best for that special woman in your life. This
oil has the highest vibrational frequency of any other oil, making it an amazing
tool to uplift mood and support one who is experiencing a lot of stress. It’s
beautiful floral, delicate fragrance will captivate her and is also very supportive to
aging skin, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles... Apply to pulse points, over the
heart or on the skin for a beautiful glow. I guarantee she will be using this daily.
•Peace Touch: This is a beautiful blend that supports restful sleep and eases
feelings of stress and anxious feelings. Apply to the back of your neck or wrists
•Holiday Joy is “Christmas in a bottle”, this is a phenomenal blend that smells
heavenly. Add a few drops in your Lumo diffuser, or make a Christmas spray and
spray your Christmas Tree or add to your car diffuser. This will become a Holiday
•Rose Hand Lotion: A toxic free hand lotion infused with the Rose oil is luxurious
and moisturizing and 100% of the proceeds from this purchase go to the Healings
Hand foundation. This is amazing.
Gifts for Your Best Girlfriend:
The girl that you do life with, process with, laugh with and cry with and helps you raise
your sweet babies... These women in your life are invaluable.
•Rose Touch Roller: is such a beautiful gift for every woman in your life. She will feel fall in love with this luxurious oil that will quickly become a daily staple for her skin, and mood support. Having the highest vibrational frequency of any oil, this oil will lift her spirits and ease her stress.
•Mud Mask: This mud mask is so detoxifying and refreshing. Self-care is far too
often neglected. Enjoy gifting self-care to your best friend
•Neroli Touch: This beautiful oil is sourced from the flower of the Bitter Orange
Tree.. It’s herbaceous, fresh, and floral. It makes an excellent perfume; it calms
the nerves, and layers great with Jasmine. Apply to your skin as a
moisturizer before applying your makeup.
•The Spa Kit: Give her the gift of some of the most popular mood oils, serenity, citrus
bliss, deep blue and balance are amazing for stress, mood, sleep, grounding, and
soreness.. Excellent for self-care and on the go, and holiday travel.
•Check out one of the newest blend, BEYOUTIFUL, that was created for the DoTERRA
Gala at Convention. BeYOUtiful, is such an amazing blend of uplifting oils that is worn as a
beautiful signature scent and it is just what it says it is, BEAUTIFUL!!! A blend
of Lime, Osmanthus flower, Bergamot, and Frankincense will captivate your favorite soul sister.
Gifts for HIM:
For the “Man” in your life, whether it’s your life partner, your father, your brother, or that
best friend. Here are some “must-haves” that he will thoroughly enjoy for a variety of
•Copaiba, is a newer oil that has been released and is quickly becoming an
absolute favorite. Use it topically or internally for immune boosting, calming his stress, and sleeping soundly. It has a musky, herbaceous smell and is perfect for making His own beard oil, or pairing with Balance as a personal cologne.
•Onguard Softgels and the Melaleuca Touch are great to keep him humming when
life is busy busy busy... These two are a must-have for travel, on the go, and the daily
•Motivate Touch: This is awesome mood oil comprised of peppermint and citrus
oils. This touch is great to apply to temples or behind the ears to bust out
intentional projects at the office, or prior to getting your workout done on your
•Mito2Max: An awesome non-caffeinated supplement designed to supply the body
energy to your cells... Instead of reaching for another Americano, reach
for these and take two prior to getting things done, or before you are doing
•The Athletes Kit: Excellent Kit for a variety of issues, from stress, to immune
boosting, to sore muscles, and healthy skin. This includes, Deep Blue
Rub, 5ml bottles of Melaleuca, Breathe, Onguard, Lavender, and Peppermint.
The Refreshing Body Wash is perfect for the "HIM" in your life. The invigorating scents of Bergamot, Cederwood, and Grapefruit make an excellent start to the day. Made with the best non-toxic ingredients, it will leave his skin feeling clean, fresh, and so smooth.
Grandma, oh we love you!!!
The precious woman who spoiled us as we grew up, bought our Christmas dresses, never missed a birthday, and was always up for a phone call at any time. She is one in a million and needs to be treated like the diamond she is.
•The Lumo Diffuser is an awesome water diffuser that has a 2, 5, and 10 hr.
setting; it also has 6 different beautiful lights... This is great to support her mood,
boost her immune system, and give her some Holiday Cheer while she stays up making the last of her Christmas gifts, or is baking Norwegian cookies for the family to enjoy.
•The Holiday Joy is amazing blend of oils, that smells like "Christmas in a bottle". She will love to diffuse while she knits, or watches her nighttime news... Amazing to support her immune system and savor the scent of Christmas.
•The Rose Touch and Rose Lotion are amazing for her fragile skin, and will leave her hands feeling moisturized and soft. Rose is a luxurious fragrance to support her mood, and immune system. Spoil the Grandma in your life with only the best.
•Serenity and Peace Touch are beautiful oils to support restful sleep, and to calm and relax her throughout her day. Add Serenity to her diffuser and apply to the bottoms of her feet or back of the neck as she unwinds and gets ready for bed, or when she is feeling stressed and overwhelmed and needs to sit down for a cup of tea. Apply Peace to her pulse points to ground and calm.
•Onguard Hand Sanitizer to put in her purse and apply before and after grocery
shopping to keep her immune system in check and protect her in the winter season
when threats are high.
That Special Teenager in your LIFE!!!! Lets spread some oil love to these special teens
in our lives. We know that this stage in life can be full of transition and lets support them
in caring for themselves in a natural way that promotes healthy options.
•Give the special teen in your life a Motivate and Peace Emotional Blends.
Motivate supports focus, and uplifts mood to get stuff done. Peace is a beautiful
blend supporting anxious feelings, support reduction of stress and hormone
•The Doterra Shampoo and Conditioner are amazing for healthy scalp and healthy
hair. It supports shiny, healthy hair. Your teen will love you, as hair is very important at this stage in life. Free of toxic chemicals, reduces toxic load and is perfect for their stocking!
•Melaleuca Touch is great to support healthy skin and reducing breakouts, its great
to use for spot treatment and preventatively. Already perfectly diluted with
coconut oil it rolls on skin effectively and smells amazing.
That Teacher in your Life needs some tender love and care. Why not shower them
with some oil love to support their mood, immune system and their classroom. Our
teachers are often overlooked and need some intentional love.
•Love on that favorite third grade teacher with the new LUMO diffuser with the
Trio kit, which has the 5ml bottles of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint. This is
excellent to diffuse for clarity, focus, calming, uplifting and purifying the air.
•Onguard Hand Sanitizer is amazing for every teacher to have on hand to support
his or her immune system and reduce toxic load.
•Balance Blend is one of the most used mood oils that supports feelings of calm,
grounding and supports one to pause and take a deep breath. Give the teacher in
your life some Balance.
•Motivate Touch is a beautiful mood blend is a must have personal fragrance, and
or mood blend to support that special teacher while she grades papers like a boss, and expands the minds of your precious babes.
Gift Guides for Kids: We have spent years chasing toddlers, packing lunches and
caring for our precious little ones. The business of life can be overwhelming but when
feel those little arms wrapping around your neck and your 4year old says, “I love you
mama”, its worth all the hard days. Whether your shopping for your toddler, your
nephew or niece, here are some excellent gifts.
•The Whale Diffuser, or the Aromalite are excellent bedroom diffusers. Help
your littles, create a safe space that they love to spend time in that feels good
to them. Diffusing oils can support their mood, immune system, and create a
place that is sacred and safe. Give them several oils that they love and allow
them to chose what they love to diffuse in their space.
•Peace Touch is a beautiful blend that supports their moods and their BIG
feelings. It also supports rest and can be calming to their bodies.
•Lavender is amazing oil that calms, and is very gentle and supports one in
communicating their needs freely, and honestly. Support your littles as they
learn to communicate their needs effectively.
•PB Assist JR. is a must have for every mama. These taste like pixie sticks
flavored with watermelon, and strawberry. These powerful probiotics are
double encapsulated and keep their little digestive tracts in check and flowing
freely. These make a wonderful stocking stuffer.
•A2Z Chewables and IQ Omega, this lovely duo is phenomenal. The A 2 Z
Chewables are strawberry flavored and are packed full of bio available
vitamins and minerals. These fill the nutritional gaps for our tiny tots as they
think they can live off of pancakes and peanut butter. The IQ Omega is
amazing fish oil supporting brain health and skin. Orange flavored and
delicious is an easy additive to your favorite smoothie.
I often get asked where people should start when embarking on their oil journey... I get it, it can feel very overwhelming... There are numerous kits that are amazing for taking the plunge and having some powerful tools to revolutionize how your family does health. Here is one of my favorite kits, The Family Wellness Kit. This kit has everything you need for mama and the littles in supporting a healthy immune system, uplift mood, support sleep, and foundational supplements to support a healthy gut. This enrollment kit is $275 and will be the best spent money for starting school and keeping their immune system's in check.
If you are loving this and ready to get rolling, click here.
So here is the deal, there are all sorts of kids colliding with lots of germs flying and kids are kept inside most of the day. It's super important to keep their guts healthy, and therefore keep their immune system's in tip top shape and make sure that you are healthy. Yes, mama, you need to put your oxygen mask on first, before you can save your babies... so make sure you are drinking plenty of water, getting good sleep, and taking pure, solid, and foundational supplements.
The Lifelong Vitality Pack is a total game changer and has supported my immune system, so much so, that I use to be the Nurse who "caught" every germ at the hospital and was chronically sick for 5 years... to the Nurse, mama of two and busy entrepreneur who rarely, if ever gets sick and has a thriving gut. Try it for 30 days and if your not digging it, send it back for a full refund..
The PB Assist, is the best probiotic for your littles that will leave them asking for more, with a fabulous a2z chewable, packed full of al vitamins and minerals necessary for your littles.
Then we have my favorite 2 mood blends!!! CHEER & PEACE!!!!
Cheer is an amazing blend that promotes feelings of optimism, cheerfulness, and happiness.. Its already perfectly diluted so you can apply to the bottoms of the feet and back of the spine.
Peace is a beautiful blend that supports healthy rest and sleep, as well as calming nerves.. Apply during the evening before bed after baths to promote calm and relaxation as your littles prepare to sleep restfully.
Both of these mood blends are perfectly diluted and smell amazing and are great for your kids and you.
The Top 9 Diluted oils are fabulous for on the go to swipe the bottoms of the feet and back of the spine or any point of interest. These will be used more than you ever thought possible. Here are a few basic ways to use to support your kids as they start school.
Immune support: Onguard & Frankincense: Apply to the bottoms of the feet and back of the spine in the am before school and in the pm before bed.
Tummy Tamer: Digestzen over the navel area and bottoms of the feet to support any discomfort.
Little Lungs: Frankincense, Onguard, and Breathe over the back of the Lungs.
Owie Love: Lavender & Melaleuca & Frankincense over their little cuts and scrapes.
Sleepy Time Love: Peace over their hearts and bottoms of their feet with a little Frankincense to boost immune system as they sleep.
Good Morning Mama: Cheer on the back of their necks or bottoms of their feet as your getting ready for school.
Coconut Salt Scrub
1 cup of organic virgin coconut oil
1 cup of Pink Himalayan (or Epsom) salt
¼ cup of Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 drops of your favorite essential oil
Melt coconut oil in a double boiler or in a pot on the stove.
Once melted, remove from heat.
Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and Pink Himalayan Salt to melted coconut oil.
Stir until combined.
Add essential oils.
Let sit until coconut oil solidifies, stirring every 10 minutes.
Stir until well combined and store in airtight container.
To use, rub on skin and rinse in warm water.
Note: May keep in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
* Also one may substitute the Himalayan Salt for Organic Sugar and make a Sugar scrub instead.
Enjoy some amazing smooth and hydrated skin with no toxic chemicals!!!
Take I get asked often, where do I start and what should I get? I also understand that people get super overwhelmed about what to do with these oils....
Well I am here to tell you that this oil JOURNEY is exactly that.... a Journey!!!! You grow and you learn as you use the oils and really become a student of the product... I still learn things everyday about these oils and know that I will never stop learning.
So if you are wanting to get started I would tell you that the Home Essentials Kit is your "Go-To- Kit".... It has the top 10 oils plus an AWESOME diffuser for just $275... This is a screaming deal, considering Frankincense retails at $93 by itself. These are all the 15 ml bottles of oil and with these top 10 you can really start to make big changes in your home and in your wellness routine.
I am gonna share with you the TOP 10 WAYS you can use each of these oils!!!!
1.Take the itch out of the bite.... apply a drop of Lavender to your skin where those nasty little bugs may have left their mark... dilute with some sort of vegetable oil and add a drop of melaleuca and rub over any bite for children or sensitive skin.
2. Enjoy the most relaxing detox bath of your life.... We are constantly bombarded with toxins and need to be consistent about gently detoxing our bodies... Add 1 1/2 cups of epsom salts and 4 drops of Lavender and 4 drops of Eucalyptus with some of your favorite bath oil... You will rest SOOO good.
3. Take the burn out after touching that hot oven..... Apply some lavender to skin immediately after you have experienced something hot... that curling iron gets me every time. The lavender will soothe and ease that blistered skin.
4. Add a few drops of Lavender to ........Your Late', your favorite warm drink, custards, breads, creme's, or that amazing upside down cake. It's amazing!!!
5. Make the most amazing SHEET SPRAY!!!! take your favorite 4 oz. spray bottle and add 25 drops of Lavender and add 1 teaspoon of witch hazel and fill the rest with distilled water and enjoy spraying your sheets and pillows before bed and experience some amazing zzz and deep rest.
6. Seasonal discomfort be gone..... When seasonal threats are high add 2 drops of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint to a veggie cap and take internally for support and you will be delighted at great you feel.
7. When you have anxious feelings ......take a veggie cap and add 2 drops of Lavender and Patchouli and take internally to calm, ground, reset and ease fears when getting on a flight or giving a big speech or needing to reset.
8. Beautiful Pregnant Belly.... Add 25 drops of Lavender to a 4 oz. glass bottle and fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil or any vegetable oil and also consider adding some Immortelle to support your pregnant belly while its stretching... it reduces the itch to nothing and reduces the chances of stretch marks... your skin will love you.
9. Add some aromatherapy to your soap....I love to take my Castile soap and add 25 drops of Lavender to a 8 oz. bottle of soap... It smells amazing and packs a punch.
10. After a long day at work....add some Lavender and Aromatouch to fractionated coconut oil and massage into calves and tired feet to relieve stress and tension.
1. Cleanse your cells and invigorate your senses.... Drop 2-3 drops in your favorite S'well water bottle or Hydro Flask to give yourself a gentle detox daily.
2. Purify the air and enjoy a Lemon fresh smell that actually is purifying the air for up to 6 hours after diffusing.... This is an awesome oil to neutralize unwanted odors in your home, car, or work space.
3. Get rid of the grime..... Lemon is amazing at taking off the sticky, and grimy stuff from kitchen appliances, or the unwanted stickers put in places by your toddlers.
4. 3 pm PICK- Me- UP....Lemon is phenomenal for lifting the mood, energizing someone instead of reaching for more coffee.. Place a couple drops in your palm and inhale.
5. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN....go green with your household cleaners and add 15 drops of Lemon ton an 8 oz. spray bottle with some Onguard and then add 1/2 cup of White Vinegar and fill the rest with distilled water... Your kitchen countertops will smell amazing and be toxic free!!!
6. FLAVOR YOUR FOOD.... add a few drops of Lemon to your favorite desert, or when making Lemon Creme', its AMAZING and only takes a couple drops..
7. Wake me up when I am driving... next time you take a long road trip, be sure to add some Lemon to cotton balls and rub them over your air vents... super invigorating and fresh.
8. Freshen your laundry.....next time you do laundry add some lemon essential oil to your wool dryer balls instead of using fabric softener....... fabric softener is one of the MOST toxic things we have in our home.... your laundry will smell clean and fresh.
9. Painting and Remodeling.... while we painted and remodeled our last home, I diffused Lemon essential oil to eliminate those toxic paint odors... smells amazing.
10. Support those Lungs... next time there are threats ravaging your home and putting a damper on the lungs.... diffuse Lemon, Arborvitae and Frankincense to support healthy breathing.
1. Wake me up Scotty.... Try putting your Peppermint essential oil at your bedside and when you wake up and set your intentions for the day, place a drop in your palm and inhale, trust me you will be jumping out of bed.
2. Workout Mojo... Next time you are getting ready to workout, add a couple drops of Peppermint to your favorite water bottle, no plastic, and then apply some on the back of your next and chest and inhale from your palm... its an amazing boost.
3. Relieve head tension..... add a couple of drops to the base of your cranium and then massage into temples, don't apply too close to the eyes... if you do get some in your eyes, use a vegetable oil to wipe out... amazing for head tension and headaches.
4. Heat Relief during the Summer.... next time your are outside and getting overheated apply peppermint to the bottoms of your feet with cold compresses, and then apply to back of the neck and the chest. Super cooling.
5. Tummy Tamer.... next time you are in Seward, AK on a fishing charter or on a long car ride, add peppermint to your water, simply inhale or breathe it from the bottle, and or apply topically over area of discomfort, such as the abdomen.... Your mood will improve and your tummy will calm.
6. ADD some Peppermint to your Chocolate Protein shake!!!! It's amazing to add some zing to your morning routine!!!! Peppermint Chocolate shake is AMAZING!!!
7. Curb those sugar cravings... I don't know about you but I am always craving sugar in the late afternoon, try adding some peppermint to your water to curb those cravings and entice you to drink more water which usually is the problem.... Hydration does not have to be boring.
8. Take a deep breath... When feeling congested or "under the weather"... add a drop of peppermint to your palm and inhale. Also try diffusing Peppermint, Lemon, and Frankincense to support healthy airways.
9. Stressed out... Add a couple drops of Peppermint and Lavender to the back of your neck and temples when stressed out and sit down in a calm place, focus on your breathing and drink a tall glass of water with Lemon or Peppermint.
10. Blissful, and infighting diffuser blend that every REALTOR should diffuse.... Try diffusing Peppermint and Wild Orange when showing homes or having guests over... its invigorating and so refreshing.
1. Nourish and replenish your skin.... add a few drops of Frankincense to your skin routine... I love to add a couple of drops to my moisturizer and or coconut oil to enhance and nourish my skin... amazing at diminishing scars and age spots.
2. Boost your overall wellness and immune system... add a couple drops of Frankincense under your tongue daily to enhance your body's natural defenses and boost your immune system.
3. Boost your mood and relax.... add frankincense and Wild Orange in your palm and apply to pulse points to relax and calm your nerves, also consider diffusing this blend.
4. Reduce the inflammation... next time you experience some bruising or inflammation.. apply Frankincense to the area to support the body's own healing processes.
5. Calm your anxious nerves. Frankincense is amazing at supporting one in stressful situations. Apply frankincense to the bottoms of the feet with Balance and Lavender, and to the back of the spine, or over the heart. Then inhale from the palms and relax.
6. Challenging skin issues... Frankincense is supportive and calming to all things skin. Next time you accidentally touched your curling iron or have a minor skin issue.. consider applying frankincense to the area for its amazing supportive benefits to the skin.
7. Sore hands and wrists... topically apply frankincense and marjoram to your hands and wrists next time you are experiencing soreness and tenderness after over exertion...
8. Relax and Soak.... Add 1 and 1/2 cups of epsom salts to your bath and then 4-5 drops of Frankincense to your bath and soak and revitalize your body.
9. Enhance and strengthen your nails.... struggling with chipping nails... take Frankincense and Myrrh with some Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage your nails every night before bed... your nails will love you.
10. Natural cough buster.... having a cough, take a spoonful of honey with a couple drops of frankincense and Lemon and either mix into some hot water and sip on or take directly to support your immune system and combat that pesky cough.
1. Freshen your laundry.... add a couple drops to your laundry detergent to reduce the smells of mildew and neutralize any unwanted smells.
2. Remove the body art from your toddler... when you can't get the permanent marker off your child... use some melaleuca and coconut oil to wipe it off.
3. "Hike It Mama" tools... great "first aide" oil to have on hand for minor skin issues when hiking and camping in the outdoors with littles ones. Apply topically to area of concern and or pair with Lavender to support the skin after bug bites.
4. Sheet Cleaning spray... Make a sheet spray with some water, 1 tablespoon of witch hazel and melaleuca and spray down sheets to freshen and cleanse.
5. Support healthy toenails and healthy feet.... when being an athlete and or lots of exercise, maintain healthy feet with melaleuca applied topically to places of concern or to troubling toenails... supports healthy feet.
6. Boost your immune system.... apply to the bottoms of the feet and or are of concern with some Onguard, Lemon, and Frankincense to boost your bodies defenses.
7. Support your sinuses... when seasons change and bugs are invading, consider massage melaleuca over your sinuses and or diffusing with Lemon. Very supportive and cleansing.
8. Chemical Free Cleaning... Add 10 drops of Melaleuca to a spray bottle with 10 drops of Lemon, add 1/2 cup of white vinegar and then water and enjoy cleaning all of those grimy places and all of your countertops.
9. Sore throat be gone... when experiencing a sore throat, gargle a couple drops of melaleuca and warm water to soothe and support your body to get rid of the invaders...
10. Get those zits out of here... use melaleuca to zap unwanted zits and or acne... super effective at cleansing the skin and supporting healthy, glowing skin.
1. Boost your immune system.... take several drops in a veggie cap periodically to boost your immune system when threats are high.
2. Enjoy just a drop in your favorite Italian dish.... add just a couple drops to homemade salsa, or spaghetti sauce.... its amazing flavor packs a powerful punch.
3. Summer Sandal Season.... add 1 drop of Oregano to every 6 drops of any Vegetable oil of your choice and massage into your callused feet to soften and exfoliate, also massage into rough areas of toenails to eliminate those unwanted impurities....
4. Support your gut health.... Oregano is a "key" ingredient in the GX Assist, which is part of DoTerra's cleanse protocol. This is amazing at cleansing the gut of the unwanted living organisms without stripping away the good organisms.
5. Seasonal Support when threats are high.... when you are exposed to some unwanted invaders or feeling "under the weather".... take a veggie cap to really tackle the unwanted and boost your bodies natural defenses... Add 2 drops of Oregano, 2 drops of Melaleuca, 2 drops of Lemon, 2 drops of Onguard, and 2 drops of Frankincense.
6. Warm up your extremities..... add a couple drops of Oregano with 2 drops of Black Pepper and 2 drops of Clove and 20 drops of fractionated coconut oil... Massage this mixture into extremities to promote circulation and warmth.
7. Bad food be gone... clear out the pipes.... when one may be feeling the woes of bad food and their digestive tract is angry.... Oregano added to a veggie cap and taken internally can drastically improve the situation and promote the bodies own defenses while simultaneously clearing out the unwanted gunk.
8. Skin support.... when having unwanted bumps or skin or angry skin issues... add 1 drop of Oregano to 6 drops of fractionated coconut oil and apply diluted to skin area to promote the bodies own defenses to clear up the skin.
9. Respiratory Support.... when having tenderness to the throat or needing a respiratory boost.... consider gargling a couple drops of oregano with warm water, and a drop of lemon oil and a couple drops of fractionated coconut oil... this is a powerhouse at supporting your pipes.
10. When you feel like you have to pee and can't clear it out.... and your super irritated... cranberry juice is great... consider adding a couple drops of oregano and lemongrass to a veggie cap.
1. Diffuse diffuse and diffuse!!! anytime you feel that you are exposed to unwanted friends or there are bugs ravaging through your community... get out your Onguard and diffuse!!! It is a powerhouse and using oils aromatically is the fastest way to get the oils into your body.
2. Soothe your throat naturally and powerfully.... anytime you have tenderness in your throat, take a spoon full of raw honey, and add 2 drops of lemon and 2 drops of Onguard and take internally to support and ease the discomfort.
3. Stand guard with Onguard.... take a preventative and or offensive approach with Onguard.. before traveling or flying, take 2 drops of Onguard in a veggie cap for an extra boost to your immune system.
4. Oral health... use the Onguard toothpaste, if you haven't your seriously missing out... Consider making your own mouthwash with a couple drops of Onguard and water and swishing to support healthy gums and mouth flora.
5. Make your own hand sanitizer.... add 10 drops of Onguard and 10 drops of Lemon to your 10 ml roller ball and fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil. Before going to Costco or the grocery store roll on your hands... and also roll on the bottoms of your kids' feet and spine to boost their immune systems when going out and about.
6. When needing a powerful countertop spray thats non-toxic... Add 3 tablesppons of the Onguard Cleaning concentrate to a 16 oz. spray bottle and fill the rest with water.... this smells amazing and so effective at keeping things clean and non-toxic, and no worries of your kids breathing in the fumes.
7. Add Onguard to your rinse cycle... it smells amazing and will totally freshen your laundry and get rid of any unwanted odors... also if your washer is smelling sour from leaving wet laundry in there... consider adding a cap full of onguard detergent and running a rinse cycle with no laundry to remove unwanted odors.
8. Make your own gym cleaner... take a 8 oz. spray bottle and add 10 drops of Onguard and then water... before getting on a machine spray down with the this natural cleaner to prevent contact with the unwanted...
9. When struggling with chronic fatigue and or exaustion.... take a capsule of 2 drops of onguard to support your body, and or apply to the bottoms of feet.
10. Winter Wonderland Diffuser Blend... all the oils are given an emotional profile.. Onguard emotionally supports one to feel protected, capable, and feeling empowered... its beautiful warm scent is amazing when diffused with 2 drops of Wild Orange and 2 drops of Frankincense.
1. When struggling and needing respiratory support.... diffuse breathe and or apply under your nose and chest to support your pipes.
2. When seasonal threats are high and your mowing your lawn... add a couple drops to your hand and cup your hand and breathe in and inhale several times and then apply the Breathe blend to your chest and get to work...
3. Sleepy time support.... add 2-3 drops of Breathe to your diffuser with 2-3 drops of Serenity to support an amazing night of zzzzzzz...... its truly amazing.
4. Sleepy time topical blend.... add 10 drops of breathe and 10 drops of Lavender or Serenity to 10 ml roller and then top the rest off with fractionated coconut oil. Apply to bottoms of feet, back of spine and back of neck to calm, relax and get ready to rest peacefully.
5. When exercising gets hard.... add a couple drops to chest before running and or after exercise... Diffuse in your car or home..
6. Shower support... Run a hot shower and let the bathroom get steamy... drop a couple drops of breathe by the shower head and then hop in the shower and breathe in the goodness.
7. Feel clear headed... Add a drop of breathe and a drop of wintergreen in a bowel of hot water and then place your head over the steam with a towel over your head and breathe in the fumes... its AMAZING!!!!
8. Teenage boy smell..... wether your in a college dorm or your teenage boys sleep hard and there room smells like, well a bunch of teenage boys after wrestling practice who haven't showered... diffuse breathe to neutralize unwanted odors quickly...
9. Power up your CPAP!!! Add a drop of breathe to your CPAP machine filter at night to add an extra boost at clear and restful breathing... also consider making a diluted roller of breathe and rolling on your chest or under nose before going to bed.
10. Cranky Toddlers need sleep.... Add 10 drops of Breathe to an 8 oz. spray bottle of water and then spray the pillows of your children who are refusing to sleep or let you apply oils.
1. Runners must have.... try applying deep blue rub or deep blue oil diluted with fractionated coconut oil to legs before and after a long run or workout... You will be amazed at your recovery time and no tenderness.
2. Long days at the office.... apply deep blue before, during or after to wrists and fingers and shoulders or neck when spending long days at your computer to minimize cramping and discomfort.
3. Nurses and Physicians will love you when.... you have your deep blue at work in the hospital... supports healthy joints and muscle tension when moving and lifting patients and spending long hours on your feet caring for others.
4. Growing discomfort be gone for your sweet children... when your kids experience those natural growing discomforts... dilute a drop of deep blue and give them a gentle massage with diluted deep blue and coconut oil to their little legs.
5. Support your body before the need is huge... use deep blue regularly to support your body's inflammatory response and support healthy cells.
6. Love on your spouse... consider giving your better half a deep tissue massage and support their muscles and joints with deep blue massaged into tissue.
7. Post Basketball or crazy Crossfit workout... enjoy some deep blue rub to support your fatigued and tired cells and reduce the tenderness.
8. Leg spasms be gone... those uncomfortable "charlie horses" in the legs can send you spinning.. massage deep blue into your calves for some soothing relief.
9. When you go on that long Alaskan bike ride and need some extra support.... add deep blue to a 10 ml roller with fractionated coconut oil and massage into those muscles before, during and after to support your best performance ever.
10. It's a dynamic duo... deep blue does two powerful things... it both cools and tingles as well as warms and soothes muscles... enjoy this powerful oil blend.... its a game changer.
1. Mama Must Have.... all mamas need this oil to support their littlest ones tummies... apply a drop diluted in a circular motion around the naval diluted, also amazing to apply prior to bed to sooth, calm and relax for some supportive sleep.
2. Serious gluten or milk issues... take a veggie cap and add 3 drops of digestzen oil or a digestzen soft-gel to support any discomfort one may experience.
3. Gone fishing on the open ocean... take a drop of digestzen and apply over naval area and then put a drop in your palm and rub your hands together and inhale... may repeat as needed.
4. Big meals need a little comfort... try massaging a drop of digestzen over your stomach after large meals and or making a hot tea with hot water, a couple drops of digestzen and lemon oil with a spoonful of honey and a spoonful of coconut oil and sip on.
5. Head tension and travel..... try using some digestzen when traveling and needing some extra nasal support or experiencing some head tension... massage a drop of digestzen over the sinus area and temples to provide some additional comfort.
6. Need to get this little GI tracts moving.... add a couple drops of digestzen to your little one's bath water and or massage a drop to their tummies or bottoms of their feet.
7. Long road trips.... road trips can be long and winding, diffuse some digestzen while traveling or add to cotton ball and put near the air conditioning to keep things fresh and keep you alert.
8. Random Restaurants need some relief... before trying a new hot spot... take a digestzen soft gel or add a couple drops to a veggie cap to ensure comfort while you enjoy the new adventure.
9. Can't handle some pungent smells.... try adding a couple drops of digestzen to your palm and inhale and or carry a diluted digestzen in a 10 ml roller to apply under your nose or inhale as needed.
10. Pregnancy Support... massage a couple drops over your chest after meals and or take a soft-gel or veggie cap of digestzen internally to support your burping....
Whipped Body Butter
This is my favorite body butter recipe after many many attempts at finding the perfect one. This luscious, organic, whipped cream will leave your skin feeling supple and moisturized for days.
½ cup of Raw Shea Butter
½ cup of Raw Cocoa Butter
¼ cup of Organic Coconut Oil
¼ cup of Organic Almond Oil
15 Drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
15 Drops of Wild Orange Essential Oil
Double Boiler or any Pan you want to use.
*Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity so we don’t recommend using them if you plan on being in direct sunlight after topical application.
Let me know what you think, love to hear from you!
How do you start your day? What are your morning rituals? What do you do to really jumpstart your day and pave the way for a great day, no matter what obstacles or challenges you may face?
These are questions that I was asked 7 years ago when I was in a tough spot really having to reevaluate my perception of my life and how I showed up in life. I was sitting across the room from someone I really trusted and had shared much of my story with and was asked by this person some great questions that would altar the course of my life. There were hours and hours of deep conversation and connection, however I remember being asked about my morning routine... " I have no morning routine... I just get up and do whatever I feel like doing and see where the day takes me...." Oh boy have the times changed for me...
I now find it imperative that I have a morning routine, have a quiet time with my Higher Power, and am able to meditate, pray, and set my intentions for the day. The days that I don't do this go completely sideways.... I need to get up before my kids, have my time to get coffee going, wake up and just be still and quiet.
A big part of my morning routine has been the Serenity Prayer, it has really helped me with seeing what I can do in difficult situations and what I can let go of and trust my Higher Power with... I have learned to pause, and to be quiet and wait and that I don't need to have an immediate answer or react... I get to respond when the time is right... this was super hard at first because I was so use to getting instant results, and feeling in control , and felt the need to figure things out... I have now learned that most things are not that big of a deal and will sort themselves out.
God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference;
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
April Shower Blend is excellent to put in your diffuser when you are getting going in the morning and getting centered for the day.
2 drops of Lemon
2 drops of Sandalwood
2 drops of Patchouli
My name is Holly Boyer and I am a life long Alaskan, mama of two of the most precious babies, and wife to my soulmate.