You want to make some beautiful Valentines Day gifts? You can make something so beautiful and this bath soak is so refreshing and relaxing and absolutely therapeutic while it supports balancing your magnesium levels. I already did a blog post on epsom salt baths, but seriously this is such an easy and effective way to love on yourself and support over all wellness.
In this recipe I have paired this "magic mineral" with two great essential oils that are known for decreasing stress, supporting the immune system and supporting healthy and smooth skin. Frankincense & Lavender!!!
Lavender: This essential oil, is also known as the swiss army knife of oil. It is versatile and gentle, powerful and healing. It soothes the skin, and purifies the skin at the same time, promoting healing. It helps to reduce stress and lower your cortisol levels. Neurologically it calms the central nervous system and supports one who is working through trauma. Check a great study on Lavender here. It is a must have for every home.
Frankincense is a powerful oil that is being studied aggressively for its ability to support healthy cell function and its ability to tell if a cell is past the point of repair and needs to move out of the body or if it can support a cell to reabsorb oxygen and heal it self. It is also extremely calming to the central nervous system and supports one experiencing anxious feelings and stress. Not only that but its beautiful choice to incorporate into your skin care routine. It purifies the skin and also smooths the skin reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles or age spots. Add to your bath salts and enjoy a therapeutic spa night. For more uses on Lavender and Frankincense, check out my blog post on the top 10 ways here.
3 Cups Espsom Salts
8-10 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil
8-10 Drops of Frankincense Oil
3 tabelspoons of liquid castile soap
Add 2 tabelspoons of dried Lavender
or 2 tabelspoons of dried roses
or 2 tabelspoons of Calendula flowers.
How to make:
Mix your Castile soap and essential oils in a bowel and then pour them into a bowel or glass jar with your epsom salts... mix with a metal straw or spoon and then add in your dried flowers and mix through. Then store in an airtight container.
Run your bath and add 1 1/2 cups of this mixture to your bath and soak for 30-40 minutes to absorb the magnesium, and detox your cells and destress. I love to listen to a podcast and then bring a tall glass of water with a couple drops of lemon. BOOM!!!!
Happy Self Care Sunday!!! Love to hear from you on what your favorite self-care practices are and if you have any questions.
This salve has been huge in our family. I recently got my friend Tiffany @belvoedessentials recipe and tweaked mine to make it even more healing... I added some amazing oils like Copaiba and Yarrow/Pom. This SALVE is a must have for all the diaper bags and all the mamas. I love love love this. and love that i know what is in and all fo the ingredients are nourishing to your skin with no fillers, chemicals, synthetic fragrance, or petroleum..... This salve is amazing for chapped skin, diaper rash, dry skin, eczema, or any irritations. My little guy has always had super sensitive skin and always had bumps and going green with all of my personal care products has been essential... I took one thing at a time. So I love to my salve, body butter, use dryer balls, diluted essential oils and all the things.... reducing toxins is so essential.... So here is a fabulous recipe that I think you will really enjoy!!!!!
1/2 Cup of Raw organic coconut oil.
1/2 Cup + 2 tablespoons of Raw Organic Shea Butter.
4 Tablespoons of Beeswax...
1 Tablespoon of Vitamin E oil.
20 Drops of Frankincense.
20 Drops of Lavender.
20 Drops of Copaiba.
10-20 Drops of Yarrow/Pom Optional... but so good.
2 Oz. metal tins.
Stir Stick or metal straws to stir.
Directions: Melt all the raw ingredients together in a double boiler. Or I just put a glass pyrex dish in a pan of hot water and let boil, so the ingredients melt together. As soon as all of the beeswax is melted down, and you don't want the ingredients to boil., take off of the stove and let sit. Let it cool but before it starts to set up, add your essential oils. After you add and stir, then pour the liquid into 2 oz. metal tins. I pour mine til it reaches the ribbing... then stop..
Allow the salve to set up and harden. and then you have some awesome salve that we love to use for hydration, for chap lips, for diaper cream, for cracked heals... radiation burns...... ALL the THINGS!!!
This makes a great gift.
If this was helpful please leave me a comment and tell me how you used it.
Frankincense is free this month and you do not want to miss out on all the ways that this oil can benefit you. You can make any 200 PV purchase and receive it free or enroll with a Home Essentials Kit or Natural Solutions kit and get it free. Here are the top 10 ways you can incorporate into your daily lifestyle to support you and your family.
1. Take one drop and put it under your tongue daily for healthy cell proliferation and immune boosting.
2. Put a drop on the pad of your thumb and press up on the roof of your mouth for 30 seconds and hold... when experiencing head tension and discomfort.
3. Put a drop over your heart with a drop of Copaiba when your experiencing anxious feelings.
4. Put 2 drops in your diffuser with 2 drops of Wild Orange for uplifting your mood.
5. Add 2 drops to your diffuser with 2 drops of Lavender & Cedarwood for a deep and peaceful sleep.
6. Add 2 drops in a veggie cap with 2 drops each of Melaleuca, Oregano, Lemon, Onguard, when feeling "Under the Weather"... and take internally.... with lots of water to flush those "bad guys" away.
7. Add 2 drops to your diffuser with 2 drops of Sandalwood & Green Mandarin when doing your mediation, prayer and or yoga...
8. Add one drop with one drop of Breathe, Lime, & Myrrh with some fractionated coconut oil and massage over chest and or back of lungs to support open airways and clear breathing.
9. Apply 1 drop with 1 drop of Lavender and 1 drop of Melaleuca and a nickel size of coconut oil and massage over any are of your skin that may have irritation and or redness to promote your body's healing process.
10. Apply 1 drop of Frankincense, & 1 drop of peppermint and massage over the base of your cranium and temples for deep focus when needing to get things done.
11. Run a hot bath and add 2 drops of Frankincense, 2 drop of Lavender and add 1 cup of Raw Epsom salts, and 1/2 cup of organic baking soda and then a little bath oil and soak for a good 30 min. to detox your body and you will sleep like a baby.
12. Apply a drop of Frankincense & a drop of Deep Blue and some fractionated coconut oil and massage over sore and tender muscles and tissue.
13. Add a Drop of frankincense, 1 drop Arborviate, and 1 drop lemon to diffuser to support healthy lungs and open airways.
14. Add 2 drops to a veggie cap daily with 2 drops each of Yarrow/Pom, Turmeric, Pink Pepper, and Black Pepper to detox your cells, and boost your metabolism and support healthy hormones and your filtering organs.
15. Add a drop to your palm with a drop of Lemon and Breathe in and inhale to boost mood, focus, and refresh your mind.
My name is Holly Boyer and I am a life long Alaskan, mama of two of the most precious babies, and wife to my soulmate.