Dry skin brushing + Reduce toxins....
I have been dry skin brushing for the last two years and it has been so helpful at improving my skin, and supporting my filtering organs as I detox from heavy metals, and support my body as it heals and my hormones and metabolism balance and recalibrate. I have loved incorporating my essential oils into my dry skin brushing routine. Its super easy, fast, and inexpensive... and has amazing benefits for your overall wellness.
Dry skin brushing has been around for centuries.. The Russians and Scandinavians have used this for a long time. Here is a great article that talks about how the Naturopath, Dr. Dennis Moffat prescribes his patients to dry skin brush. Moffat states that it also aids the kidneys and liver by stimulating the skin to help rid the body of toxins. It also helps improve the function of the nervous system, increases lymphatic flow and stimulates the sweat glands.
Did you know that your skin is considered the largest organ in your body and excretes 1/3 of your bodies toxins... That being said, we must nourish and take care of this organ because of all that it does. Your skin regulates body temperature and permits the sensation of heat, cold and touch.. Keeping this organ humming is essential.
So what is dry skin brushing?
So first you need to purchase a natural dry bristle brush with a long handle so that you can reach all the hard to reach places. I then begin dry skin brushing before I get into the shower or bath. I start from the bottoms of your feet and gently brush your skin in a circular motion upwards toward you heart. Remember to do it gently and I usually do 10 strokes per area before I move on and always moving up and towards the heart.
Why is it beneficial?
1. It helps to exfoliate your skin, especially as you age... your body doesn't exfoliate as easily on its own after your 20's... so gently brushing.. daily and or several times a week will exfoliate and stimulate collagen production.
2. It helps to support your skin to eliminate toxins. Did you know that you skin filters out 1/3 of your bodies toxins. When you dry skin brush you are also are supporting your lymphatic system because your skin is stimulated to release toxins, so that your body does not have to work so hard to do that on its own... this is especially helpful for those that may have overworked kidneys and liver that needs a little support and love.
3. It helps to manage stress... Did you know that 75-90% of all Dr. Office visits are related to stress... so being able to nurture your body and being intune with what your body needs is huge to manage your stress... Dry Skin brushing has been compared to a light massage... I love to apply the Balance blend or Grapefruit and Yarrow and then you can balance and support your cells to do what they were meant to do as well as calm your mind and detox your body, all in 5 minutes.. Here is a great article I read from Dr. Mercola.
4. Lastly it can reduce the appearance of cellulite. It is thought that this happens when you brush there is a breakdown in the adipose tissue... and also the exfoliating reduces the appearance of cellulite and breaks it down.
5. Lastly, when you use your essential oils you are affecting change by supporting your cells to reabsorb oxygen and then be supported to do what they were meant to do.. its a beautiful and amazing thing... I love to use Balance, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Yarrow/Pom, Lavender, Aromatouch... A couple drops on the brush and its pure bliss... IF you want to know more about them or need some, you can click here.
Enjoy dry skin brushing and remember its all about reducing toxic load and doing what we can to support our bodies... Be empowered, be encouraged and educate yourselves,
So much love and support,
Comments are closed.
My name is Holly Boyer and I am a life long Alaskan, mama of two of the most precious babies, and wife to my soulmate.