All things Lavender......
Lavender, Lavender, Lavender you had me at hello and have quickly become a household staple for so many things. From bug bites, to sleep, to bath time fun, to cleansing the air... You are all things calming and oh so versatile. I am gonna give you a little history on this gem and then tell you the top 10 ways I use Lavender!
~ Lavender is one of the most aromatic and versatile plants in the world. Widely known for its sweet, calming floral aroma it has become the most used essential oil in many personal care products.
~ doTERRA searches the globe to find the where the best Lavender grows that is free of pesticides and pollutants, therefore yielding a powerful essential oil that can gives us some amazing medicinal benefits. doTERRA has found that the Black Sea climate zone in Bulgaria is ideal for harvesting our Lavender.
~ Lavender comes from the flowering mint family and has beautiful, delicate purple flowers that provide a calming aroma.
~ Primary benefits of this plant include, soothing all things skin, including minor irritations, cuts, scrapes and burns. It provides calming support when one is experiencing anxious feelings, and can help promote restful sleep. It is scientifically proven to calm the central nervous system, slow down one's heart rate, and maintain an already healthy blood pressure levels, and support one who may be experiencing anxious feelings.
1. I love to make a Sheet spray with distilled with a glass bottle, distilled water and 15 drops of Lavender. I spray our pillows before bed.
2. Lavender in my Diaper Spray. I use 10 ml roller ball with 6 drops Lavender, Melaleuca, and Frankincense and fill the rest with Fractionated Coconut oil. My kids have never had a major diaper rash.
3. I add Lavender to my baths with 1 1/2 cup of epsom salts and soak when I am tired and need to relax. Supportive, calming and I sleep like a baby.
4. Mosquito Bites be gone.... AK Mosquitos are like small birds... I use Lavender and Melaleuca to aide and relieve the itch and the sting if I get a bite... super supportive to the skin.
5. Allergy season is coming upon us and I love Lavender to support me when seasonal threats are high and I may have some discomfort. I take 3 drops of Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint in a shot of water internally and or make a 10 ml roller ball with 10 drops each and fill the rest with FCO and apply on bottoms of feet and along spine and chest.
6. I love Lavender Late's!!! I love to add just 1 drop to my coffee with cream or a Late' and its amazing!!!!
7. For promoting restful sleep. I will take 2 drops Lavender, and 2 drops of Patchouli in a veggie cap and then I put Lavender on the back of my neck and sleep so soundly.
8. I love to diffuse Lavender and Wild Orange together. It's called, my Spring Bliss Blend. I add 3 drops each in a Petal diffuser and its cleansing to the air and supports a beautiful, calming environment.
9. When I am experiencing head tension, discomfort, I apply Lavender to my temples and the back of my neck.
10. Finally I love to use Lavender to support my littles when they are having tummy discomfort, or sleep issues... I take 1 drop of Lavender diluted and apply to the bottoms of their feet, or back of the spine and massage in and they calm right down. Super soothing and supportive.
Enjoy yourself some Lavender and get to know her, she is great.
Comments are closed.
My name is Holly Boyer and I am a life long Alaskan, mama of two of the most precious babies, and wife to my soulmate.